Link up Volunteer
We are a new London based service under development. The aim of the service is to enable people with sight loss (aged 18+) living in London to attend events and participate in activities with the support of a volunteer. These events include theatre productions, art and craft and sporting events. Both volunteers and service users will become free members to the Link up service.
This volunteer role is not one which will require regular commitment to attend a certain event or to support a service user on a regular basis. Your interests will be identified and when a service user requests support of a volunteer to attend a certain event (be it a theatre production/art or sporting event etc) you will be contacted to see if you are available on that date/time and if interested in attending.
As part of your volunteer role when being linked up to support a service user you will be required to:
- Contact the service user ,once you have confirmed you are available, to introduce your self and to gain further details on the event/ where to meet/when etc.
- You will be reimbursed for all agreed expenses, to include any call and travel costs. With most events the volunteer is able to access for free if this is not the case then this will be discussed. If you did have to pay any entrance fees again these would be reimbursed along with other expenses after the event, with completion of a volunteer expense claim form with receipts attached.
- You will be expected to sign the terms and conditions linked with the service. These include turning up as arranged to provide support on the agreed date, time and place.
- Prior to meeting you will be asked to confirm all link up plans with the Volunteer Services Manager so they are aware of what has been agreed. (You can do this via email/phone)
- To provide brief feedback after the link up process and to participate in regular monitoring and evaluation of the service
Sports and Coaching, Arts, Entertainment and Music, Events and Stewarding
Skills Required :
Listening and communication, Interpersonal skills, Planning and organising