Retail Assistant (Wanstead, South Woodford, Barking, Barkingside, Chigwell, Dagenham)
Running a successful store requires a great team of enthusiastic volunteers and you could be part of it! Our volunteers come from a diverse range of backgrounds and bring a wide variety of skills to the organisation. They come together to generate vital funds for our work with children, young people and their families.
- Providing strong customer service.
- Serving customers at the till.
- Taking receipt of stock donations from the public, thanking them for their generosity and finding out if they are Gift Aid Donors.
- Signing up new Gift Aid Donors (this raises an extra 25p per pound from the sale of donations and does not cost donors anything).
- Replenishing stock by making sure our rails and shelves are well-stocked, visually appealing and tidy.
- Merchandising throughout the store.
- Stock preparation including sorting, steaming and pricing.
- Possible administrative tasks such as stocktaking.
- If you have a particular skill or interest, our team would be delighted to discuss how you could utilise it in store! This could range from computer skills to collectables knowledge, fundraising experience to fashion awareness - whatever your talent, please share it with us!
Retail and Charity Shops
Skills Required :
Team work, Listening and communication, Interpersonal skills, Practical, Planning and organising.
Skills To Gain :
Team work, Listening and communication, Interpersonal skills, Practical, Planning and organising